A leading University is looking for an experienced Social Media Manager to take ownership of their over-arching social media strategy and diverse range of multi-channel campaigns. You’ll manage a small team and work with a range of stakeholders to ensure these are effectively delivered. This is a maternity cover role which sits within the Marketing Team and is expected to run until February 2023.
What you’ll be doing
Working particularly closely with current students, the digital marketing and media teams, plus marketing and communication colleagues across the organisation, you will develop plans and deliver content that form part of the wider marketing strategy. Your remit will be to ensure the delivery of engaging content and meaningful interactions with their millions of followers and support social media practitioners from around the University.
The post-holder is responsible for increasing visibility and engagement and ensuring a strong social and digital presence for the University, promoting academic and research strengths, and showcasing the student experience to deliver on the marketing team’s KPIs for recruitment and reputation.
What experience you’ll need to apply
- Proven track record of working at a senior level in social media (Organic).
- Ability to show the real-world impact of previous social media campaigns.
- Experience of all major social media platforms, data-led strategic planning and upskilling colleagues.
- Excellent online and offline copywriting skills and the ability to develop engaging and effective content for digital and social channels, with a creative approach to identifying and managing content.
- Significant knowledge and experience of digital and social media marketing: planning, delivery, management and evaluation of multi-channel marketing campaigns on paid, owned, earned or shared channels.
- Proven ability to build/enhance own digital marketing skills and skills within the team, and experience of working with digital marketing agencies and specialist.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to liaise and negotiate with a wide range of people at all levels in a personable and confident way.