PR Account Manager – Forster Communications
We are looking for a PR Account Manager to join our team and help deliver stand-out sustainability communications. You will be running a diverse portfolio of business and charity clients to deliver positive social and environmental change.
We use specialist insights and creative ideas to deliver strategic communications, thought leadership and flagship campaigns. Our clients’ aims vary from delivering global sustainability initiatives to changing behaviour on issues such as mental health, the climate crisis, food, biodiversity and responsible business practice. They include Patagonia, BMW Group, Danone, Penguin, NHS Charities Together, Prevented Ocean Plastic, Energy Savings Trust and Neighbourly.
We are a growing B Corp with 10 Best for the World awards. We won Edie Sustainability Consultancy of the Year in 2019 and 2021, with both our Climate Positive Plan and client work recognised, and were recently awarded Communications Agency of the Year for Third Sector and SME of the Year in the Global Good Awards.
As our PR Account Manager, you’ll be:
- Managing client accounts, and taking appropriate and timely action to ensure expected outcomes are met
- Account planning – translating strategies into tactical delivery plans with supporting timeline and budget
- Growing personal knowledge of communications tactics and the Sustainability landscape
- Starting to build PR plans for clients and new business proposals
- Exercising your writing skills across email, ppt, reports, thought leadership pieces, and other content creation.
- Building personal network of journalists, client contacts, suppliers)
Everyone in Forster is expected to actively live our company values (Curious Minds, Collaborative Attitudes and Pioneering Actions) and be ‘adding extra’ to our clients and company overall, regardless of level or professional skills.
What experience you’ll need to apply
- Previous experience as a PR Account Manager, PR Account Executive or in-house PR role.
- Proven track record in running PR programmes with activities including media relations, content creation, digital and social media promotion, ideas generation and outstanding project management.
- Self-motivation and commitment to excellence are critical.
- We are open to corporate or consumer background experience and expect you to bring a thirst for knowledge, a fascination for communications and a genuine interest in sustainability – although it is not a problem if you haven’t worked directly in this area before.