The Lighthouse understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, https://thelighthouse.social and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
The Lighthouse is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should you be asked to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Any changes to this policy will be posted on the website and, where appropriate, notified by post, email or social media. Please check the website frequently to view any updates or changes to this policy.
What data might be collected?
The following information might be collected from you:
- job title
- company name
- contact information including address, email address and telephone number
- IP address
- Web browser type and version
- Operating system
We may obtain personal information by directly interacting with you, such as:
- meeting with you in my office, your office, at events or elsewhere,
- receiving your instructions to provide marketing consultancy or training services
- filling in a form on this website,
- participating in discussion boards or other social media functions on our website,
- giving me your business card,
- corresponding with me by phone, email, letters or otherwise.
This information will be used to
- Perform the marketing consultancy or training services requested
- Fulfil requests for content
- Send marketing emails about new products/services, special offers or other information which you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided
- Send service related emails about online products you have purchased, using the email address which you have provided
- You personal data will be retained for as long as required to perform the marketing consultancy or training services requested, and for up to two years after the work is completed.
- If you enter your email address, this will be sent to third-party email software. Mailchimp. Your email address will be retained on a MailChimp list until you decide to unsubscribe using the link on email newsletters or request that we take this action for you.
- If you make a purchase via the website, your order data will be retained for a minimum period of 6 years in order to comply with our obligations under UK law.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, there are suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information collected online and offline.
However, some of the data collected may be transferred to third parties who will store the data at a destination outside the United Kingdom. If data is stored outside the United Kingdom all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK will be taken.By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
This website uses Google Analytics which uses “cookies”. These are small text files which are placed on your computer to help us to analyse how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google.
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can choose to decline or accept them through your browser settings. Declining cookies may however prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Below are the main cookies in use on this website and their purpose.
WordPress & Miscellaneous Cookies
https://thelighthouse.social uses WordPress content management system. WordPress sets the following cookies
|Cookie Name (starts with)||Expiration Time||Description|
|wordpress_logged_in_||When browser closes||WordPress uses this cookie when you’re logged in to determine that you are successfully logged in|
|wordpress_sec_||When browser closes||WordPress uses this cookie when you’re logged in to determine that you are successfully logged in|
|wordpress_test_cookie||When browser closes||WordPress sets this cookie when you navigate to the login page. This checks if your browser is set to allow cookies.|
|wp-settings-||1 year||Used to customise your view of our site when logged in|
|wp-settings-time-||1 year||Used to customise your view of our site when logged in|
|wfwaf-authcookie-||1 day||This cookie is set by the WordPress security plugin “Wordfence”. It is used to authenticate you at login.|
|Comment_author, comment_author_email, comment_author_url||1 year||If you leave a comment on our site, WordPress will set these cookies to aid you in leaving future comments|
|__qca||1 year||Set by the Quantcast.com Site to enable web publishers and advertisers to deliver audience segments that are appropriate for their products or services|
|_drip_client_||2 years||Drip, used to distinguish visitors for email campaigns via Drip.|
|hustle_module_show_count||4 months||Helps to ensure our site hides banners from your you’ve previously dismissed|
|printfriendly-font-class||1 year||Allows you to see our printable blog posts as intended|
|mf_user||3 months||Used to analyse site usage anonymously and helps us to improve our site based on usage data|
https://thelighthouse.social uses Google Analytics to ensure the website works well for visitors. During your use of the site, Google Analytics may set the following cookies.
|Cookie Name||Expiration Time||Description|
|_ga||2 years||Used to distinguish different users of our site.|
|_gid||24 hours||Used to distinguish different users of our site.|
|_gat||1 minute||Set by Google Analytics to ensure optimum performance|
You can opt out of Google Analytics cookies.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- affiliates who have referred you to this website, trackable via specific web links;
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we or they enter into with you ;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
If you would like a copy of the information held please write to The Lighthouse, 1 The Forum, Minerva Business Park, Peterborough, PE2 6FT or email: email@example.com