SKT Welfare is a UK registered charity that aims to deliver humanitarian aid to underserved populations in need, without prejudice over race, religion or gender. Over the past decade we have delivered multiple projects, focusing on emergency relief, food, water, healthcare, education, orphan care and seasonal campaigns, such as winter and Qurbani. We operate in many countries around the world including Syria, Bangladesh, Palestine, Somalia, Pakistan, Yemen and Turkey with its head office in the UK.
We are proud of our 100% donation policy, which means every single penny donated is used to directly serve those in need. Our overhead costs are covered either by direct donations or by using Gift Aid. This policy sets us apart from most international NGOs and is the guiding principle of our organisation.
We believe our employees are our greatest asset and recognise our responsibility to ensure that they are afforded appropriate development throughout their employment. Our aim is to support and develop employees in their role so that they feel confident to undertake the responsibilities placed upon them, and ultimately are able to contribute to the success of the organisation.
Role & Responsibilities
As a Social Media Co-Ordinator, you’ll need to:
- Research the preferences of the target audience
- Discover any current trends that may be applicable
- Help support the development, implement, and manage the activity of each social media platform
- Work alongside the creative team to create engaging content in text, image, and video format
- Take the lead on content material regarding social media posts that will sustain the curiosity of readers and create a buzz around any new products or services. Ensure SKT brand values and drivers are always considered.
- Collaborate with designers and copywriters on creating informative, attractive content
- Ensure maximum effectiveness by staying up-to-date with any changes on all social platforms
- Liaise with the customer service department to facilitate conversations online with customers and respond to any questions
- Report on online feedback and reviews from fans and customers
- Create an optimal schedule for posting, considering both customer engagement metrics as well as web traffic
- Suggest new methods to attract prospective donors, such as competitions or promotions
- Suggest ways to optimise content
- Measure campaign success and report findings
- Stay on top of the current best practices and technologies for each social media platform
- Communicate with both industry professionals and social media influencers to create a strong social network
- Accountable for the scheduling and execution of social media content across SKT Welfare’s social platforms, working closely with all departments to support business and marketing objectives.
- Dedicate sufficient time nurturing community, engaging in conversation, responding to comments and promoting relevant content.
- Work with marketing team to ensure that communications via social media are consistent and reporting any issues or trends that arise. (Please note this feedback could arise and need managing out of normal office hours).
- Identify and communicate opportunities to optimise performance, utilising learnings to improve decision making
- Write mail-shots, using direct mailing (Mailchimp) to reach a range of potential and current donors
- To be able to demonstrate a creative and pro-active approach towards activities as well as a positive attitude and flexibility in performing a range of duties as and when required.
- Must be a self-starter, happy to manage your workload and drive forward this work without constant supervision.
- To actively seek advice from your line manager